Workshop Contract / Agreement Workshop Procedure:
1. Submit application online with all the necessary information filled. Ensure you get a confirmation email to say it went through. *NOTE ALL fields must be completed fully to be accepted.
2. Please submit all required information 8 weeks prior to workshop date requested.
3. PLEASE NOTE: Management may attend the workshop for free.
De La Sol will receive all payments for your workshop through online store sales and in-studio sales. After the total sales are calculated (including discounts for staff and members) the profit is then divided into a 70 / 30% split. 70% to the teacher of the workshop and 30% to the studio.
If you choose not to advertise your own workshop through De La Sol or provide social media posts, the studio will do so for you at a 50/50% split.
We require at least 7 images and captions to promote your workshop properly.
Please invoice no later than 1 week with the breakdown and amount owing. Please email Shanel@delsolyoga.com if you need a report of your breakdown.
Include the number of attendees, price, and total. Include the percentage split. Email Katie, Shanel, and Liz.
De La Sol offers specific groups of people a discount on the price of all workshops:
- De La Sol Teachers and Paid Desk Staff: 30%
- Sub Teachers 10%
- Current Teacher Trainees: 20%
- Energy Exchangers: 13%
- Auto-Pay and Alumni Members: 10%
The 70% / 30% split of total sales will be on the total monies received, including any / all discounts given to the above-noted groups.
De La Sol cannot provide a cheque on the date of the workshop. Teachers will receive payment by cheque or e-transfer when the next pay cycle occurs and after all the calculations have been finalized.
De La Sol, will be responsible for the following:
- Marketing it through our social network: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, at least 8 post per workshop
- Advertise it through at least 2 of our newsletter (with over 14,000 contacts)
- Advertise it on our website: under workshops and events webpage
- We will design the poster, print it & post at the studio, at least 4 will be printed
- Teachers will announce the workshop after classes when the workshop approaches
- Process payment online (with our software) and in studio
- Absorb the cost of credit card processing fees
- Provide the room
- Provide an energy exchanger to sign students into the workshop, then clean the studio and lock up afterward. This EE has the option of taking the workshop for free.
As the Teacher of the workshop you are responsible for the following:
- Complete in full the workshop application form.
- Provide 6-8 social media posts with pictures by email within 7 days of date confirmation to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org Keep them short, concise and impactful! TIP: Give little details about the workshop that aren't included in the description. A 1-2min personal video is great too.
- Promote the workshop through your personal/business social media.
- Announce it to your own classes and students if a De La Sol teacher.
- Write an email template (if required) to be sent to Katie to send to targeted students.
- Provide a photo for the poster. Must be a high resolution and not copyrighted. If you don't have one, let us know and we will find one for you.
- Provide handouts or any other material (if needed). Note if there is an extra cost for students for this, it must be included in the workshop description.
- Run an outstanding, high-quality workshop!
- Hand out feedback forms at the end of the workshop that participants are to fill out anonymously and hand back to the front desk. The results are emailed to you within a week of the workshop.
- The workshop will be canceled if mutually agreed upon. It will only be canceled or postponed if there are 3 or less people signed up (unless the facilitator is ok with teaching few students) and can be canceled no less than 48 hours (2 days) prior to the event
- If the workshop is canceled/postponed, participants will be contacted by our De La Sol Staff.
- Workshop participants must pay at the time of enrollment. Unpaid enrollment is not allowed.
- If a registrant cancels more than 24 hours before the workshop, they can receive a credit on their account. The teacher is not paid for this person.
- If a registrant cancels less than 24 hours before the workshop, they do not receive a credit or refund. The teacher is paid for this person.
We will review workshop applications as they are received. Please give 5 days for review of content and dates available.